Welcome to Polish Cultural Club of Greater Hartford, Inc.
Established in 1976
"The Polish Cultural Club of Greater Hartford, Inc., Inc. was established in 1976 to preserve and promote the history, culture and customs of Poland with fellow Americans."
Among the many activities of the club are:
- Presenting various programs including scholars, authors, composers and artists.
- Awarding annual scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Proving books on Polish history, culture and language through exhibits and donations to libraries and schools.
- Sponsoring the annual SZOPKA FESTIVAL consisting of Polish crafts, foods and entertainment.
- The highlight of which is a contest where children of all ages and adults submit original creations of Cracovian mangers.
- The entries serve as the focal point of the event.
- Participating in various multi-cultural events.
- Planning and participating in educational activities for Polish-American Heritage month in October and Polish Constitution Day a the State Capitol in May.
- Supported through contributions the establishment of the first endowed chair of Polish and Polish-American Studies a Central Connecticut State University.
- The Club is an affiliate of the American Council for Polish Culture and participates in their Annual Convention.
Club members receive the Club newsletter as well as the quarterly national publication.
Meetings, events, and programs are scheduled throughout the year.
Guests are always welcome.